Train accidents are regular occurrences in the United States today. Although transportation has evolved since the inception of the train, they are being used on a daily basis. Trains are a cost-effective means of moving goods, including hazardous materials, across the country. Trains are frequently involved in accidents that critically injury passengers and other non-suspecting persons. In the event of a train derailment there is a possibility that a train transporting chemicals could cause a chemical spill affecting communities, people, and the environment. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a train accident please contact Northern California train accident lawyer Nicholas K. Lowe.
Here are some United States railroad accident statistics:
- Every hour and a half there is a train derailment or collision.
- Every year there are around 3,000 train accidents.
- Every year approximately 1,000 people will die as a result of train accidents.
- Almost every 2 weeks a train derailment causes a chemical spill, leading up to evacuations of local residents.
- The occurrence of train accidents has been escalating since 1997.
The following is a list of factors that may lead up to train accidents:
- Collision with another train
- Collision with another vehicle
- Mechanical failure that causes accidents
- Inadequate security on the train
- Dated and unsuitably maintained tracks
- Negligence by the operator
Attorney Nick Lowe has been protecting the rights of seriously injured victims and their families throughout the Sacramento area since 1992. He has vast knowledge in all areas of personal injury law, including accidents, wrongful death, product liability and premises liability. Attorney Lowe has recovered substantial settlements for seriously injured clients in Northern California. He is respected in the community for his integrity, aggressive representation, and successful case outcomes.